What are cookies?
Cookies are files or files that are downloaded to the User’s computer / smartphone / tablet when accessing certain web pages and applications that allow the storage of User navigation preferences, making the interaction between the User and the Website faster and easier.
The information collected by the cookies is anonymous and does not contain any sensitive information as they do not collect data that can personally identify the User. In any case, the User can access the configuration of their browser to modify and/or block the installation of the Cookies sent from the Website, without this preventing access to the content.
Cookies allow the recognition of a User’s browser, as well as the type of device from which the Web Site is accessed, and are used to facilitate the User’s next visit and make the Web Site more useful.
Types of cookies used on the Website
The Website uses the following types of cookies, although a cookie may fall into more than one category:
- Own Cookies: These cookies allow the Website to function correctly and are therefore essential for the User to be able to use all the Website’s options and to be able to navigate and use the Website’s functions normally.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by Softtek but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- Personalisation cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- Analytical Cookies: These allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected by means of this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to draw up navigation profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data of use made by the users of the service. The main objectives pursued with this type of cookie are:
- To allow anonymous identification of browsing users and therefore the approximate counting of the number of visitors.
- To identify anonymously the most visited contents
- To know if the User who is accessing is new or repeats a visit.
Cookie retention periods
The cookies will be kept by the owner of the website for the minimum period necessary to execute the purpose for which they were intended and their use was accepted by the interested party.
How do I disable cookies?
All browsers allow changes to be made to disable cookie settings. This is why most browsers offer the ability to manage cookies, to gain more precise control over privacy.
These settings are located in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
Below, you will find links for each browser to disable cookies by following the instructions:
Internet Explorer (https://goo.gl/iU2wh2)
- In the tools menu, select “Internet Options”.
- Click the privacy tab.
- You can set privacy with a six-position cursor that allows you to control the number of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low and Accept all cookies.
Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- At the top of the Firefox sale click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Under the Firefox option you can choose to Use a custom setting for the history of to set the options.
Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu located on the toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show Advanced Options.
- In the “Privacy” selection, click the Content Settings button.
- In the Cookies selection, you can set the options.
- In the configuration menu, select the “Preferences” option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the “block cookies” section.
- Please note that certain features and full functionality of the Website may not be available after cookies are disabled.
If you do not wish to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed an add-on to install in your browser which you can access at the following link: http://goo.gl/up4ND.
Cookies on mobile devices
Like computer browsers, mobile device browsers allow you to make changes to your privacy options or settings to disable or delete cookies.
If you wish to change your privacy settings, please follow the instructions specified by your mobile browser developer.
Below are some examples of links to help you change your privacy settings on your mobile device:
- IOS: (http://goo.gl/61xevS)
- Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/tKyb0y)
- Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
- Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
Acceptance, setting or rejection of cookies
You can click the “ACCEPT” button or continue browsing to accept cookies.
You can click on the “SETTINGS” button to configure or reject cookies.